When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI) is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy businesses. FSI is the leader in handheld spectrometers for a wide range of applications across industrial, pharma, safety/security, nuclear power, and healthcare markets. We are in search of a product manager for one of our leading spectroscopy product lines. The ideal candidate will have had experience as a product manager or marketing manager in a B2B environment. The primary objectives of this role are to drive product revenue and profit growth by assessing and understanding customer needs, developing business cases based on market insights and growth targets, providing a commercial perspective to internal teams, communicating product development plans with sales teams, and executing on new product launches. This is a rewarding opportunity in a visible, high growth business within Thermo Fisher.
- Identifies overall vision for handheld spectroscopy product family
- Manages the profitability of a product family and owns the long term product roadmap
- Actively uses VOC to drive innovation pipeline
- Understands and communicates customer needs
- Develops business case for assigned products, including product launch plans, product pricing, product positioning, value proposition forecasting and channel strategy
- Monitors competitive activity and develops winning strategies for new and existing products
- Provides product-specific technical and marketing support to field sales organizations and channel partners
- Drives profitability& revenue growth through sales opportunity pipeline development and proactive portfolio lifecycle management
- Training and sales support; Works with Marketing, Sales management and other resources to provide product line training and support
- Execution oriented and able to drive projects to completion
- Ability to assess problems from multiple angles
- Comfortable working with highly technical scientists and engineers as well as customers
- Knows how to convert market intelligence into valued added features and products
- Able to lead cross-functionally to accelerate new product development
- Able to assess impact of projects and prioritize/allocate time accordingly
- Capable of researching industries, applications, customers, and market trends to be able to draw meaningful conclusions towards business case development
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to support business unit executives with analysis and presentations
- Strong skills in PowerPoint and excel
- Bachelors in engineering or science required. MBA highly desirable.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join