Job Title: Field Service Manager, Europe
Location: Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Specialty Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination in industrial applications. We serve public health, clinical laboratories, food companies, environmental screening and pharmaceutical laboratories with a portfolio of products that include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing solutions and market-leading molecular solutions for food safety testing
- Manage the European Instrument Services Team which includes both field and depot based service engineers.
- Provide service support for MBD instruments through installation, diagnosis, resolution via remote access, service and repair both at customer site and at depot as required.
- Provide instrument technical support to customers, MBD and Distributors
- Provide service training for Field Service Engineers
- Manage sale and renewal of service contracts and billable service activities
- Manage QC testing, calibration and release of new Sensititre instruments
- Review performance of Instrument Service activities against key targets and drive continuous improvement to meet customer expectations
- Support vigilance procedure; ensure that routine instrument complaints are processed and reviewed with Regulatory. Ensure that product and market issues are communicated effectively to the business
- Provide technical and engineering support for tenders
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills needed in the role both using internally supplied training and via external meetings and conferences.
- Act as customer advocate to ensure a positive customer experience
- Degree or equivalent in electronics, engineering, biomedical technology or other applicable field of study
- Fluent in English. Other European languages are desirable but not essential..
- Significant experience with Microbiology or other laboratory instrumentation.
- Ability to manage a territory and perform service training, customer training, support and repair of laboratory instruments
- Positive attitude with good management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi- functional team environment.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to solve problems and offer effective solutions.
- May be required to travel to customer sites at short notice and on occasion outside normal working hours
- Must be able to travel within assigned region and other regions in Europe if required. Travel up to 50% of working days.
- Hold current driving licence
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Experience in the use of ServiceMax
- A second European language.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join