Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Molecular Biology
Location: Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Territory: WA, OR, BC, AB and AK
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems and Thermo Scientific Molecular Biology products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email and phone
- Work closely with Account Managers and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is highly technical position and requires in-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology workflows and products in the areas of PCR, RT-qPCR, Cloning and NGS library prep
- Maintain appropriate records and process equipment demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions as defined by SOP’s
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement a Territory Sales Plan, with focused sales initiatives, to capture market share and to deliver results
- Special Projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; advanced degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with molecular and protein biology, immunology and cell biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system (Siebel and Cognos is a plus)
- Overnight travel up to 25-35% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join