Job Title: Sr. Director HR Molecular Spectrscopy
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Madison, WI
Day/Shift (if applicable): Regular
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
A senior level HR leadership position driving human resources for the Molecular Spectroscopy business in the Material & Structural Analysis Division (MSD)
The Sr. Director of Human Resources will provide business partnership support to the VP/GM of Molecular to drive culture change, define organizational needs, determine training and development needs and strategy, determine hiring needs and develop and track HR requirements of these product line strategic and operating plans. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of the organization and how human resources and talent management initiatives can support the achievement of those objectives.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Work as a key member of the leadership team in developing HR strategies that support the business initiatives. Must have strong business acumen to translate business needs into HR strategies and initiatives.
- Key support and execution process deliverables are:
- HRR (Human Resources Review)
- PMD (Performance Management Tools)
- Annual Operating Plan
- Plan, develop, implement, and administrate HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of the organization.
- Develop a solid strategic human resource plan that is aligned with the needs of the business and the development of top talent, identifying opportunities for process improvements, staffing great talent, ensuring solid compensation planning which drives results, safety, and communications.
- Consult with business line and/or functional leaders and provide analysis and recommendations in such areas as talent acquisition, organizational assessment, Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Calibration, performance and career management, succession planning, organizational structure, work force planning and change management.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
- Strategic partner with business leadership on all potential merger & acquisition activity including strong HR leadership for integration efforts as well as leading major organizational and cultural change.
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 10+ years of successful experience. Experience supporting end to end global businesses with manufacturing operations (or substantial non-exempt population) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resources or a business related field required; an M.B.A. or Masters in Labor Relations is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & actions;
- Demonstrated success leading a global HR team and operating in international environments;
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix;
- Experience leading complex Organizational Development and Change Management activities;
- M&A experience
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment. This includes supervising HR functions within and outside of the US, employee and labor relations, compensation, organizational effectiveness and talent management.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to travel approx. 15-20% of time, as needed.