When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Staff Engineer, Software Test
This person will be an integral part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of scientists, engineers working towards cutting edge scientific solutions in Bioinformatics of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Writing Selenium code to verify and validate software product requirements, specifications and develop test procedures.
- Developing verification tools to increase testing automation coverage.
- Build deployment on both AWS cloud environment and local linux server.
- Troubleshooting for build deployment, resource management, job scheduling and analysis pipeline.
- Lead a small offshore testing team members.
- MS. or higher in Computer Science/engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Statistics, EE or related fields.
- Strong expertise on Linux/Unix environment.
- Training in software design and development. Good understanding of software testing best-practices.
- Software development skills and experience with Perl, Java, bash or Python with 5+ year experience.
- Experience of relational database.
- Extensive hands-on experience with software testing and automation. Experiences of developing Selenium code.
- Experience of Apache Jmeter and Jenkins.
- Experience with Software production tools (IDE, source control, and document tracking) and Test Management.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Good communication skills with scientists, engineers and software developers
- Must be detail oriented and self driven.
- Familiarity with data genomic data processing pipeline management.
- Desired experience with NGS sequencing platforms (ex.Ion Torrent/ Illumina).
- Experience with Mac is desired.
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and public databases will be advantageous.
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multi-disciplinary Biotech environment is a plus.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join