Job Title: Manager, Customer Service
Location: Office Based – Hemel Hempstead
Requisition ID: 56325BR
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Leading the Sales Operations team for Hemel Hempstead-UK. Ensuring the team deliver superior service to customers and internal stakeholders in the area of sales administration, customer relationship management, order management (instruments, spares and consumables), logistics and warehousing. Thermo Fisher are looking for an experienced people manager (to manage a team of 9) from a business to business customer service environment.
The jobholder will also be an active member of the European Sales Operations team.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Daily and operational management of Sales Ops team in order to meet team objectives
- People Management of Sales Ops Team
- Ensure flawless execution of quoting, tender generation, , order verification, terms and conditions review, order entry, order fulfilment and invoicing processes
- Ensuring and meeting yearly objectives (efficiency, budget, customer allegiance, process improvement)
- Ensure team compliance (ISO, trade compliance, audits, etc)
- Drives continuous process improvement
- Manage and solve customer escalations
- Ensure strong collaboration with other stakeholders (e.g. sales, service, finance, HR)
- Ensure regular communication with the major CMD/CAD factory operations teams in order to improve supply processes.
- Business Administration Economical/logistical degree (or equivalent through experience),
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Extensive customer service experience
- Experience working in a capital goods environment – life science experience is a plus.
- Team player and able to manage high performance teams in changing environments
- Experience with quality systems and process improvement techniques
- High stress resistance
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Highly customer oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very organized and able to multitask
- Able to manage and coordinate in a matrix organization
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Hands-on-problem solving skills and process driven
- Experience with ERP system (SAP strong plus)
- Experience with CRM system (SFDC strong plus)
- Strong computer skills (Office products, quoting tools)
- Fluency in English written and spoken
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join