Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Do you want to be part of our journey into the future? We produce products which are used in break-through technologies, lifesaving assays and clinical applications that demands high attention to quality assurance in all steps of the production and control processes. Our customers are world leading pharma and diagnostics companies which have chosen us as their business partner. This means that we as a company must continue to develop and improve our quality assurance systems on an elite level.
We are now looking to find a new colleague to join our driven Quality team in Norway. This will be a temporary contract positions for 2 years.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Design quality assurance programs and systems, e.g. validation plans, for product and/or process development, manufacturing and testing to ensure product quality and compliance with regulatory requirement.
- Lead teams, quality, R&D and manufacturing to create and/or modify methods and procedures to ensure that appropriate processes and/or products are developed, tests are conducted and that products, materials, and manufacturing equipment meet required standards
- Use expert product and process knowledge to contribute to new product and process design teams
- Perform complex statistical analyses to analyze trends, and work with manufacturing to investigate and conduct root cause analyses, recommend corrective actions for processes and products, and contribute to and track data (e.g. yield improvements, CAPA, complaint and scrap reduction)
- Lead teams to conduct root cause and risk analyses
- Work directly with customers on complex critical quality issues/complaints. Lead issue/complaint resolution
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to help resolve complex quality issues (e.g., investigations, troubleshoot raw materials issues).
- Influence site quality goals & objectives based on in-depth knowledge of quality standards (i.e., ISO, GMP, etc). Act as a subject matter expert when determining site quality goals & objectives
- You are systematic and organized
- You have a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Your work is of high quality and you transfer your standards and expectation of quality to your colleagues
- You motivate and communicate well with everyone and at all levels in-house
- You thrive on influencing others and are results driven
- You enjoy working independently as well as in team settings
- Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Fluent (spoken and written) in Norwegian language as well as English
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry is an advantage
- Validation/Qualification e.g. of instruments, manufacturing processes or analytical methods
- CAPA/Root cause analyses
- Change control
- Relationship Building
- New Product Development (preferable)
- Tech Transfers (preferable)
What we offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Be part of exciting projects to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top level scientists to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivation letter and a CV. Please apply via our career page jobs.thermofisher.com (reference 56518BR). Application deadline is 25th November, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position please contact Karen Rimmer Talent Acquisition (email Karen.email@example.com)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join