The position will be a strategic and primary sourcing position that will run and bid sourcing and quoting processes to meet efficient supplier and spend management. Primarily focused on Chemical spend, this individuals responsibilities include meeting company objectives as well as customer sourcing requirements, supporting the Global Category Manager team in setting and creating synergies across the globe.
The position will also contribute to improving sourcing effectiveness and supplier performance to support organizational goals and objectives:
- To improve responsiveness on quotations 24 hour turnaround time
◦ Focussed on fast response to global Customer service representatives
◦ Provide lead time/price alternatives from alternative sources
- To meet customer satisfaction through on-time deliveries
◦ Improve supplier performance monitored by sourcing
◦ Direct input into operations to improve communications
◦ Support the development of secondary sources to ensure continued supply in region and across the globe
◦ Support documentation and other data requirements to be obtained from vendors
- For “Local-Global” and “Global” projects, this position represents the Global Sourcing Group on project teams, working closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Materials Management, Production, Supply Chain, QA/QC, R&D and Legal as necessary.
- Where necessary, manage projects on behalf of Global Category Leads, ensuring that:
◦ technical, logistical, and supply chain requirements are identified and optimised
◦ meetings are conducted efficiently
◦ risks and contingencies are identified and communicated
◦ senior management is kept aware of project status, resource conflicts, and any project risks that arise
- Identifies root causes and corrective actions for project deviations, including facilitating problem resolution between initiators and implementation teams.
- To support long term Global Sourcing strategies
◦ Support AOP planning
- To develop SOP’s, Process Flows and Ways of Working
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join