When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Site Specialist will maintain lab equipment and support inventory management services. General duties include chemical management and tracking, and stock room maintenance. This position is based in New Haven, CT.
- Inventory management of laboratory consumables
- Chemical inventory management and auditing of storage locations.
- Hazardous Waste Pickup
- Glassware washing
- Provide back up support for other onsites (escorting, Procurement and Order Management)
- Write work instructions for new and existing instrumentation, as needed. Send instructions to document writer for SOP creation.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary
- Inventory management (low volume), on site sales support, asset management support and remote support for area team members.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Work Overtime, as required
- Must have reliable transportation to reach work location
- Occasionally lift up to 50+ lbs, with assistance
- Possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site including providing clear, concise communication with customers.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with the on-site commercial team
- Ability to drive team activity and elicit results from other members of the service team
- Ability to maintaining a professional appearance at all times
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer-service oriented
- Proficient organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Independent and self-directed
- Detail oriented
- Computer literate and working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works primarily at customer locations, in a laboratory environment. Work will also be performed in cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required
- Personal protective equipment may be required when performing certain job functions; items may include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, steel toed shoes, safety gloves.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join