When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
Position Summary: Support routine compound processing tasks through the retrieval, receipt, storage, shipment and shelving of stock containers from designated storage areas in a chemical warehouse. Monitors inventory storage conditions and updates container labeling as directed. Packages chemical samples for local shipment. Maintains the warehouse and work areas in a clean and neat manner. Assists with facility maintenance and renovation as needed. Performs special projects and other administrative support functions as needed.
- Pulls and shelves stock containers used in daily shipping list fulfillment.
- Packages and/or reviews outgoing shipments sent via local/national/international courier.
- Performs physical receipt and handling of new inventory samples at temperatures ranging from ambient to -80C and performs data entry to represent inventory samples in DIS.
- Performs inventory procedures on items stored at the Repository. Processing will include data entry, labeling, and shelving samples. Performs physical inventories on existing samples as needed including comparison against the database, relabeling, and storage location changes.
- As required for compound handling, may interact with the Drug Information System (DIS) database to perform simple queries, basic updates, generation of labels, generation of printouts, and other tasks.
- Performs physical receipt of new inventory samples and.
- Properly maintains the compound storage areas to ensure cleanliness and organization. This includes daily cleaning of work areas and periodic cleaning of floors and straightening of common work areas. Assists in inventory/facility monitoring and site upgrades as needed.
- Provides occasional backup coverage for compound weighing/order processing functions on an as needed basis.
- Must adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and facility safety guidelines in all tasks. This includes performing initial quality assurance checks on all procedures they are performed. Provides input to potential changes in SOPs when noting deficiencies in existing procedures.
- Mentors and participates in training of peers.
- Maintains files and reviews accumulated data for tracking of shipping consumables.
- Contributes to development and/or revision of standard work instructions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join