Position Summary: The Tax Analyst is responsible for various aspects of federal, state, and local income and franchise tax compliance and reporting for Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliated companies.
- Federal, State, and Local Tax Compliance
- Preparation of federal, state, and local corporate tax returns and all work papers necessary to adequately document balances and positions claimed.
- Preparation of extensions, quarterly estimated tax calculations, annual reports and business license renewals for multiple states and local jurisdictions.
- Monitor tax compliance calendar to ensure that all returns, extensions, elections, and other tax filings are submitted timely.
- Respond to notices and correspondence from various tax jurisdictions.
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end income tax provision for the consolidated group of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Reconciliation of year-end deferred tax balances for various domestic subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Analyze and reconcile various income, franchise, and other tax accounts maintained within accounting ledgers.
- Tax Audits
- Assist in the preparation and information gathering for IDR responses related to the various Internal Revenue Service examinations.
- Assist with state and local income/franchise tax audits and examinations by preparing IDR responses, reviewing auditor workpapers, and analyzing results of audits and the impact on other affiliates and in future years.
- Tax Accounting for Fixed Assets
- Monitor and review fixed asset additions and disposals.
- Generate tax reports for return preparation, income tax accounting, tax forecasts, and estimates.
- Other - Maintain regular communication with various business unit and subsidiary controllers/finance personnel to understand direction and activity of the company so as to be able to proactively provide tax consulting and advice as needed.
- BS/BA Accounting
- 1 - 3 Years Tax or Accounting Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join