Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
This position would be responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in Shipping, Receiving, Picking, Packing, Inspection and material handling.
- Individual must be able to utilize handheld (DSI) device to scan orders, pick product and control inventory related to anatomical pathology consumable and instrument products
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for assigned job duties
- Responsible for 5S and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) related to keeping a clean and safe work environment
- Will inspect goods received for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items
- Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges
- Lifts heavy items and may operate forklift, pallet mover, and order processor.
- Utilizes shipping software and weight meters to prepare, track, and properly invoice merchandise to customers
- Open to cross-training within the warehouse as well as within manufacturing.
- Will perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 60 lbs.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to clearly document required information
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures as documented and trained
- Experience with working in chemical manufacturing is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join