The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Internship Program is a 12 week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in finance and/or accounting as a feeder program to our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12 week project based on their skill set combined with the finance business need.
Similar to the Finance Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world finance and accounting experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to finance leaders and current FLDPs as well as others in the organization.
The candidate will be part of the LSG Operations Finance Consolidations team Analyst and be responsible for supporting key consolidation activities within the group, which includes trend analysis, monthly financial reporting, and Opex management. This position will work closely with finance and operations to support key customer reporting requirements and help support the achievement of LSG Global Operations financial commitments.
Key projects include:
- PPI Site and Function tracker: Compiling and analyzing site and functional PPI data on a monthly basis. Help understand the story around productivity and provide insight into what gaps exist between actuals vs. target.
- Cost roll / Margin move analytics: update existing model to enhance our ability to understand the financial impact and put / take impact from our annual cost roll process.
- Power BI support:
- Create Site dashboards highlighting KPI’s within our manufacturing facilities
- Expansion of BTO detail to allow for enhanced cost and synergy tracking
- Key Site detail file – Update and validation of key site metrics. Incorporate new data sets as needed
- Enhanced Organizational cost center alignment: Lead an exercise to better align headcount to cost centers that would allow for enhanced management reporting with Operations. Ex. Clear mapping of headcount and cost structure for Planning organization, Sourcing organization, supply chain, Facilities, EH&S, etc.
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior by summer 2018 and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join