Job Title: Sr Meetings & Events Specialist
Location: Remote, USA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this business critical position, the Trade Show and Events Manager will work closely with the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry division as subject matter thought leaders and proficient executers of strategic event planning.
What will you do?
- Management of tradeshows, user meetings, sales meetings, seminars, road shows, customer hospitality events, product launches in North America
- Understands exhibit house processes to ensure booth properties and collateral are ordered and delivered on schedule
- Venue evaluation, selection, contract negotiations
- Budget preparation and management
- Event logistics and operations management
- Understanding of trade show campaign building and promotions
- Onsite management of trade shows and events
How will you make an impact?
- Responsible for driving and delivering the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand through successful production of tradeshows and events.
- Work in partnership with Marketing Managers and across various Business Units, to manage and execute all aspects of tradeshows and events from strategic planning and execution through post-show follow up
- Collaborate with Marcom teams on development of graphics and other materials required for tradeshows and events
- Project manage all aspects of shows and events to deliver on time and within budget.
- Lead and manage pre-show meetings that gather requirements, goals, metrics and messages for all participating business units and other segments as required
- Ability to assess all programs and provide recommendations for improvement. Prepare post-show results that report on show goals and objectives
- Coordinate show advertising, sponsorships and promotional activities with Business Units across all participating segments in support of lead generation and goals
- Travel will be up to 15% annually
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Trade Show and Events Management
- Effectively develop, manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Team player but can think & work independently
- Understands marketing processes and tools like: Quickbase, ExhibitForce, BoE, Tableau, SmartSheet
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with Electronic Lead Capture and lead fulfillment processes
- Strong interpersonal oral and written skills and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write and present for specific audiences.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join