This learn-by-doing intern position will support the development of mobile scientific apparatus that combines the technologies of smart phone (ARM processor, Linux OS, Wi-Fi, GPS, USB…) with miniature spectroscopy systems. The ideal candidate with have tremendous enthusiasm to both show the team what they can do, and to learn from senior staff. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary product development team that will design, test, and document electrical systems that will be integrated into state of the art analytical instrumentation, such as X-Ray Florescence (XRF) elemental analyzers, molecular vibrational spectroscopy, and other analytical technologies. This position will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager for R&D.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to analog and digital schematic design.
- Author and conduct electrical test plans using laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, multimeters, and environmental test chambers.
- Embedded hardware support for microprocessors, microcontrollers, and FPGAs.
- Contribute to design reviews.
- Support flow of schematic and CAD files and their underlying libraries.
- Support senior engineering staff and whole team through central group-support activities.
- Validation and debugging of complex systems.
- Currently pursuing a BSEE degree
- Basic circuit knowledge (classroom)
- Completed an electronics lab
- Competence in at least one computer programming language
- Enthusiasm to learn by doing
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join