When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
This position requires the ability to work in a very fast paced and quickly growing business. In this function, you are responsible for ensuring accuracy of data across multiple systems used to support the invoicing process for all lines of business. . This position requires a highly motivated and loyal candidate with solid analytic, process management, quantitative, and some technical skills to aid in the development of overall customer satisfaction.
- Review invoice data for anomalies per billing cycle
- Data reconciliation between various systems for accuracy
- Reviews contract data for billing accuracy
- Translate executed contracts into billing system
- Research and resolve discrepancies found during invoice and systems reviews
- Identify root cause for discrepancy and formulate plan to mitigate and prevent re-occurrence
- Work cross functionally as necessary to implement any required changes to processes or systems
- Accurately and timely update billing rates for customers
- Prepares billing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trend
- Identify issues using reporting methods to maintain compliance with internal SLAs around transaction and billing inaccuracies
- Interface with both operational and finance leadership to effectively communicate status, define critical issues & impacts, design mitigation plans, and articulate / drive required decisions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Continually review existing and any new processes to minimize and eliminate opportunities for revenue leakage.
- Create detailed process documentation when needed for training and resource reference
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Apply and respect all relevant SOPs
- Active part in PPI, lean and other improve projects.
- Demonstrate and drive the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
- Accounting or IT education and experience
- Experience in billing systems
- Familiarity with internal control processes and auditing
Ability and/or Skills:
- Good level of Organizational Skill Set
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
- Proficiencies with MS Office Products and SalesForce.com
- Multitasking with attention to details,
- Team-player who is able to handle stressful situations
- Capable of working independently and making decisions accordingly
This position description is written as a guideline to inform Thermo Fisher Scientific Employees of what is generally expected of them at each job level. The description is not intended to be all encompassing or limiting in any manner; rather, it is hoped it will add understanding and better reflect the work performed at all levels of employment within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Duties and responsibilities other than those listed may be included as needed within the work group or the company as a whole.
The above information is for exclusive use within Thermo Fisher Scientific and may not be used or duplicated by others without written consent.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join