Job Title: Data Architect
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
The data architect will work to understand, characterize, and document the current architecture, functionality, and technical infrastructure supporting the current solution (chemical database, related integrations, transformations, data structures, functionality) and the related performance and security profiles. The data architect will also work to capture new requirements and or gaps with the current solution that would be desirable in a new solution. This individual will with the team to learn tools and standards to be used for the new solution, and will submit as-is and to-be documentation and plans for approval and or refinement. The data architecture will create database objects and structures, ETL processes, and related reporting and documentation. The resulting solution should be reliable, scaleable, and extensible.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Develop database design, transformation processes, stored procedures and APIs for applications and or clients
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduatre Degree in Computer Science
- Master’s degree course work in data science or application development
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Strong analytical and product management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- SQL Database Development Skills
- SQL Server Management Studio Skills
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Reporting and API development
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join