Systems Administrator III
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and supports IT infrastructure components including PCs, servers, storage, backup systems, network and other IT infrastructure applications such as VMware, Citrix, etc.
- Build, administer and maintain servers using best practices in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
- Propose and implement systems enhancements that will improve the security, reliability and performance of the systems.
- Manage and support Active Directory: users, and groups.
- Maintain networking equipment including layer 2 and 3 switches and wireless infrastructure.
- Conducts technical infrastructure administration, planning activities, coordination and implementation of changes and supports operations.
- Will insure compliant system hardware and software security is maintained.
- Follows ITIL based practices for change management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, etc.
- Follows established backup and recovery procedures to ensure disaster recovery capability is maintained.
- Keeps current on industry best practices and contributes to culture of continuous process improvement.
- Minimum of 4 Years of related experience working in IT.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Windows Server operating systems (2008 and 2012).
- Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Active Directory administration including user provisioning, groups.
- Network folder/shares security permissions.
- Server administration; File and print servers
- Security configuration and auditing for Windows.
- Group Policy, PowerShell and/or other scripting tools
- TCP/IP, and L2/L3 LAN and Wireless networking
- Symantec Antivirus/ Server AV solutions.
- Experience with networking testing tools.
- Experience with server monitoring and alerting Systems.
- Experience with Service Ticketing Systems (Preferably Service Now).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a TEAM.
- Eager and excited about this work- passionate about unleashing the potential in other colleagues and wants a role that stretches skills with enabling leadership support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service mentality and ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status..
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join