As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Project Manager (Verification)
We are currently recruiting a Verification Project Manager to join our team developing a new and revolutionary In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device that will help doctors make faster decisions on patient symptoms. This position belongs to our R&D leadership team & will drive our wide-scaled verification activities within a large new product development program. The position will plan & lead the end-to-end activities in verification & report progress to management. We are looking for candidates with extensive proven track record in leading projects from start to finish, and possessing strong interpersonal, influencing & communication skills. We offer you the possibility to work in an exciting global project with a strong visibility in the organization.
- Manage the end-to-end verification project in a large new product development program
- Develop and maintain verification master plans and apply suitable project management techniques for efficient execution & progress tracking
- Lead the efforts of multi-functional R&D teams for all aspects of system verification including methods, bioinformatics, software, hardware, analytical performance & standard compliance
- Lead the work of up-to 30 individuals focusing on verification, ensuring progress and correct focus is achieved on team and individual levels
- Interact closely with R&D line management to ensure necessary resources are in place and priorities for verification are set correctly
- Report the verification project status to both R&D and senior management with full ownership and accountability
- Develop contingency plans and apply strategies to minimize project risk
- Interface and work closely with multiple local and global R&D teams in the program
- Interface and work closely with local and global QA/RA teams in the program to ensure compliance to standards and country specific regulations, e.g. European IVD-CE and FDA 510(k) processes
- Develop strong collaborations with peers and management within Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Collaborate with product marketing and project management to ensure all customer requirements are met during verification
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in Biosciences, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering or other applicable field
- Significant project management and/or team leadership experience from R&D
- Significant commercial product development experience with new product introductions
- Strong proven track record in leading projects from start to finish
- Strong proven ability to work systematically and meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, influencing & communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
We additionally value:
- Experience in Healthcare/IVD industry
- Experience from verification of systems
- Knowledge of Microbiology
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Please apply by December 3, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact R&D Director Mikko Salonen, tel. +358 40 551 6980 either Nov 27th between 15-16 or Nov 30th between 14-15.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join