Job Title: Customer Service Team Leader
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Business Unit - Materials & Minerals (part of CAD)
Location: - Johannesburg, South Africa
Reports to: - Inside Sales Manager
Band: - 5 (Management)
- Lead a small Customer Service team to deliver on key bookings, revenue, CAS and EIS targets including
- Provide day to day supervision to the team
- Lead the team to deliver customer service excellence to ensure all CAS targets are met
- Provide accurate and timely customer service to the spare parts customers through:
- Ensuring parts are accurately identified before quoting, seeking assistance from technical support staff and others to interpret parts;
- Written quotations provided in agreed format and timeframe, including price and lead time, delivery and payment terms;
- Adherence to export guidelines for international orders, liaising with export and logistics staff where required to meet these guidelines;
- Follow up of open quotes to maximise conversion to orders;
- Order confirmations provided in a timely manner upon receipt of customers’ purchase order;
- Maintenance of detailed records of all spare parts transactions in a central location;
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Build strong relationship with the customers, ensuing strong CAS results by regularly making follow-up calls to customers at the completion of each transaction.
- Ensure non-standard matters (e.g. commercial terms/letters of credit, shipments to new international regions) are escalated in a timely manner to the most appropriate person
Minimum Qualifications & knowledge:
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Customer service or administration
- Certificate in team leadership or supervision of staff
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a customer service team to deliver on key growth metrics
- Ability to set and achieve goals, manage time, tasks and risks, meet deadlines and manage heavy workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on customers service excellence in a busy, challenging environment
- Experience working in a global environment with customers with different cultures, languages and expectations
- Experience working with ERP systems along with all Microsoft 365 programs
- A high attention to detail to ensure quotes and order confirmations are correct first time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Desirable experience & Skills
- Technical aptitude (mechanical and/or electronic engineering background)
- Experience selling spare parts in an industrial market
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join