At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for the promotion and sales of Fisher BioServices services to prospective and current commercial clients; generation of leads; support all phases of the selling process from initial contact to final sale, closure and beyond; write proposals, statements of work, generate pricing; work closely with the operations groups to initiate projects; support the tactical and strategic plans of Fisher BioServices to ensure the company meets its goals and objectives; provide written monthly reports to management and periodic updates as requested; assist in the creation of alliances with organizations that offer complimentary synergies with regard to product offerings that complete or round out Fisher BioServices’ services; attend trade shows and conferences; handle client communication/inquiries by actively working to develop responses and solutions in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotion and sales of Fisher BioServices services to new & existing customers.
- Lead all phases of selling process from initial contact to final sale, closure and beyond; write proposals, statements of work, and pricing.
- Researching for leads for prospective customers/cold calling.
- Attend trade shows, outside training sessions and conferences.
- Reporting and sales planning.
- Provide customer insight in to needs and competitive activity
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
- Requires 3+ years sales experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical field with 1 year concentrated on either clinical supply management or biological specimen management.
- Requires expertise with Microsoft Office programs.
- Requires excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Requires strong technical writing ability.
- Requires ability to present in front of large groups of people.
- Requires BS/BA in business or science field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Formal exposure to Solution Selling or CustomerCentric Selling process preferred
- Requires 3+ years progressive sales experience.
- Direct experience with BioPharma account management is preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s a plus
Certificates and/ or Licenses:
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be in good standing for motor vehicle operation
- Must be able to accommodate overnight travel 25% of the time and as needed.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join