Job Title: Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Business Unit - Materials & Minerals (part of CAD)
Location: - Johannesburg, South Africa
Reports to: - Sales Manager
Band: - 5 Professional
- Coordinate all customer requests for sources from first enquiry to arrival on site and then disposal, including
- Written quotations provided in agreed format and timeframe, including price and lead time, delivery and payment terms for all sources
- Follow up of open quotes to maximise conversion to orders
- Order confirmations provided in a timely manner upon receipt of customers’ purchase order;
- Actively work with source providers and customer to manage all open source orders to all stage of the order management processes are completed efficiently
- Work with the customer and freight forwarder to ensure all sources are shipped on time with adherence to all GTC and legal requirements
- Maintenance of detailed records of all spare parts transactions in a central location
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Build strong relationship with the customers, ensuing strong CAS results by regularly making follow-up calls to customers at the completion of each transaction.
- Ensure non-standard matters (e.g. commercial terms/letters of credit, shipments to new international regions) are escalated in a timely manner to the most appropriate person.
- Grade 12
- Training in shipping, import, export and global trade compliance principles
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Experience in quoting, order management or shipping of isotopes or dangerous goods
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on customers service excellence in a busy, challenging environment
- Experience working in a global environment with customers with different cultures, languages and expectations
- Experience working with ERP systems along with all Microsoft 365 programs
- A high attention to detail to ensure quotes and order confirmations are correct first time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Desirable experience & Skills
- Technical aptitude (mechanical and/or electronic engineering background)
- Experience selling spare parts in an industrial market
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join