Are you passionate about life science and customer success?
Our team is growing, and we are looking for someone that embraces new opportunities, is motivated by career growth and who challenges themselves to deliver consistent excellence.
The Senior Market Development Manager will enable the global commercial organization to facilitate and execute marketing actions and initiatives aimed to drive the growth of Thermo Scientific market share for the Life Science Mass Spectrometry portfolio. The role demands for proactive leadership and management in driving initiatives to grow sales and revenue working with a variety of stakeholders. Intense engagement and cooperation with the sales and marketing teams will be key in gathering feedback on market trends and competitive dynamics. The Senior Market Development Manager for LSMS will have responsibility over the definition, execution and tracking of the required tactical plans to ensure business growth and sustainability in response to the market’s requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Support the Commercial Operations teams in achieving global BU AOP bookings and revenue
- Manage the global opportunity funnel management and projects as they arise
- Act as the point of contact for commercial leadership on all issues which will drive orders and revenues
- Initiate, develop and drive promotions which are tailored for the channel in conjunction with product management leadership and finance
- Implement tracking of the activities to determine ROI and ensure consistency and payoff.
- Implement and manage feedback process to the business unit on specific competition information, strategies and tactics and manage accomplishment of required follow-up action items.
- Transfer to commercial organization initiatives information related to sales.
- Involve and lead the commercial team in sharing field feedback with Business Unit (BU) in a structured fashion
- Contribute as needed to strategic planning process
- Implement specific strategies for business growth in cooperation with CMD marketing organizations and commercial operation (CO) team
- Work with BU marketing team to optimize marketing programs as needed
- Implement and manage business unit seed program by managing the approval process, tracking and monitoring, as well as seed unit inventory
- Work with BU marketing, product management and commercial operation team as needed to optimize or develop incremental sales training and tools to increase confidence and win rate.
- Working with finance, commercial and regions, manage forecast on a monthly basis for both bookings and revenues
- Provide input for the Advanced demand planning to ensure proper sourcing programming
- Participate in Sales Conference Calls and SIOP processes.
- May be asked to take on other business marketing duties as assigned
- Opportunity pipeline health
- Sales enablement across the portfolio
- Gross margin
- Market share growth
- 8-10 years’ experience in technical sales/marketing and project related functional area or MBA/MS with a minimum of 5+ years of experience leading marketing/sales/business development projects is preferred
- Lifesciences marketing experience highly desired
- Possesses knowledge of the life science mass spectrometry market
- Experiences in International Business
- Passionate about creating disruptive business models and innovative programs to drive revenue
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managing complex data driven marketing projects
- Possesses a highly analytical mind with excellent MS Excel Skills
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated marketing experience with a wide range of customers; Excellent MS PowerPoint Skills
- Strong objection handling and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and one more language
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and has a proven track record of managing cross functional initiatives and relationships
- Must be able to travel 25% or more as required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join