Director - Focus Accounts
Job ID :
India - Mumbai
- Working in close partnership with other commercial and shared services functions, incumbent will be responsible for developing and leading focus accounts business plan and financial objectives, ensuring alignment with customer needs across internal and external networks.
- This role requires high levels of account management skill, with experience of managing the full spectrum of pharma, biopharma, life science, healthcare and clinical business
- In addition to a sound understanding businesses, structures and customer knowledge, incumbent must have demonstrable success within key account management area including experience of developing superior relationships with CXO level stakeholders, customers and cross functional teams.
- The incumbent is responsible to expands and maintain relationships with strategically important customers and is responsible for assigned strategic account targets.
- He also leverages the organizations process improvement tools to identify performance gaps and optimize business process leading to an improved customer experience.
- Incumbent will design, develop and drive account specific growth strategies, relationship & Spend map and annual operating plans to establishes revenue goals and strategies that advance the accounts’ performance and enables the achievement of the department’s as well as the business’s financial goals.
- The role requires to work closely with cross functional teams including finance, supply chain, sales to standardize terms and conditions, work on pricing strategy, setting up processes to effectively collect the account receivables and other commercial forms which impact the P & L of the organization.
- Incumbent will be required to invest time for skill development of self and team including research on customers future planning, market analysis and competitive dynamism for an effective customer engagement strategy.
- Incumbent will be required to lead, develop, and motivate a team of account managers, leading them to the achievement or even surpassing of goals/targets.
- Incumbent will be required to analyse reports and facilitate presentations for the organizations leadership team to communicate even the most complex messages in clear, understandable, and convincing manner.
Qualification and Experience & Knowledge
- Must have a master’s degree in life sciences/pharmaceutical sciences
- He should have Master’s degree in marketing or Sales or any equivalent qualification.
- Must have a minimum of 18 to 20 years of working experience in Sales/Marketing and key account management position within a fast-paced and highly competitive business environment
- Should have managed cross-functional or indirect teams and understands matrix organisations
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have an impressive track record in people management as well as meeting and even exceeding sales targets.
- Must have a proven and successful track record in establishing strong and long-term customer relationships, being able to retain the highest-value relationships.
- Should have ability to establish high level of communications with the senior leadership and leverage them to drive business growth while maintaining a focus on customer experience.
- Should have an ability to extract useful insights from raw data and information for strategy creation, define account strategy, and enabling the achievement of goals and targets.
- Self-motivated going beyond the call of duty, have an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, have exceptional organizational skills, and demonstrate calmness in uncertain and stressful situations inspiring the same in his team.