When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Description: Senior Sales Manager, Cell Culture - North America
Location: can be based in any Major US City for North American coverage
The Senior Sales Manager, Cell Culture position is a field-based management role accountable for North American sales results for the cell biology cell culture and plastics business. This position is responsible for leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the consumables & services business plan achievement in North America. Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial leadership for a team of 5 Sales Specialists, Cell Culture; achieving sales and financial targets; establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customers and channel partners; insuring effective sales and service coverage; attracting, developing and retaining a qualified Sales team to realize growth opportunities available in North America; coordinating activities of the team with the Commercial Sales Organizations and channel partners and driving the growth for Thermo Fisher Scientific in the cell biology (cell culture and plastics) markets by providing service to customers consistent with Thermo Fisher Scientific standards and expectations.
The Senior Sales Manager, Cell Culture will coach, train and develop sales representatives to build a strong, progressive, and motivated work team as well as providing team leadership.
- Be responsible for recruiting and hiring high-quality sales specialists to ensure a strong talent pipeline, and will effectively lead, coach, train and develop specialists to build a strong, progressive and highly-motivated sales team.
- Formulate and direct the implementation of sales strategy and action plan.
- Meet and/or exceed established annual sales targets.
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing district objectives.
- Oversee the proper use of all corporate resources and assets to ensure that they are used and maintained.
- Know, comply, and enforce applicable corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular and frequent sales visits with team and channel partners to customers and product manufacturing site.
- Communicate openly with key stakeholders including peers, regional marketing and product management.
- Communicate sales strategy and performance to management via regular, interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Life Sciences. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years multi-discipline sales experience.
- 2-5 years life sciences people management or equivalent sales management experience.
- Master’s level degree preferred.
- Strong communications and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated selling skills, leadership skills, training/coaching/development abilities and business acumen.
- Strong initiative, judgment and decision-making ability.
- The ability to plan, organize, and adapt.
- Strong business information systems knowledge, computer literacy, and analytical ability.
- A working knowledge of academic, clinical and biotech/pharma R&D processes and workflow in cell culture.
- The ability to travel 50 – 80% extensively throughout assigned territory.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join