Sr Director, Commercial Operations EMEA
Clinical Trials Division
Reports To: VP, Commercial Operations
Group/Division: BioPharma Services Division
Number of Direct Reports: 5-8
Location: Switzerland (Basel) / UK (Horsham) / France / Germany
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are looking for a high-performing Senior Sales Director for our EMEA region. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition, revenue growth objectives, building relationships and understanding customer trends. Using operational and quality metrics, you are responsible for monitoring strategic accounts globally. We believe that a successful sales team makes connections with its customers and creates long-lasting relationships.
As the Senior Director of Sales, you will be responsible for making sure the entire team falls in line with that goal. You will be responsible for developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. You’ll be managing a team of Sales Professionals that target our large Strategic Accounts, mid-size accounts, small and emerging accounts and support new lead generation. We’re looking for a self-starting professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within the EMEA region
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base. Identify potential client targets and develop relationships in the region while growing awareness of our Clinical Trial business.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Leverage wider Thermo Fisher capabilities and cross selling where possible.
- Motivate and energize the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients.
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to the sales program in response to market dynamics.
- Establish a referral network with local businesses and find ways to maximize value from those connections.
- Implement a sales training and orientation program to educate new hires as our company grows, and ensure skill development for the entire team.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends.
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Degree Level or equivalent in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in sales management including experience in direct or outside sales (B2B a plus)
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Knowledge of the new drug development process and in particular the processes of clinical materials supply chain management. This includes knowledge of planning techniques, manufacturing, packaging, storage and distribution technology and operations in GMP environments.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join