The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Internship Program is a 12 week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in finance and/or accounting as a feeder program to our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12 week project based on their skill set combined with the finance business need.
Similar to the Finance Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world finance and accounting experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to finance leaders and current FLDPs as well as others in the organization.
The Reporting and Analytics Finance Internship will support Thermo Fisher Scientific's Commercial team in reviewing existing processes and propose and/or illuminate new data analytics for meaningful business insights.
- Work with a few departments including Reporting and Analytics and Business Insights to develop new consolidated reporting to improve existing processes and illuminate new areas of opportunity for the business.
- Explore and analyze non-program customers for meaningful analytics for the Commercial Sales and Finance teams. Project will also be evaluated for any quick win opportunities for implementations that would improve our customer interactions.
- Review Key Customers to implement additional improvements to current processes and streamline to meat deadlines.
- Performs other duties including project support and analysis as assigned. These projects will help allow the intern to learn the business during their internship.
- Learn to maneuver and communicate effectively in a large B2B matrix type of organization
This role may include working directly with RSD’s Region, Segment or Extended Org Sales Teams at varying levels of management. Above average communication skills are a requirement for this position. The internship will also offer both personal and professional development with access to executive speakers, community involvement and an amazing finance team.
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior (preferred) by summer 2018 and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join