When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Santa Clara, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Life Technologies products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support for the Microarray product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- Lead product trainings for internal employees
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
How will you get here?
Requires a B.S., B.A. or M.S. in molecular biology or similar field.
Preferred Qualifications: A PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques required.
- Experience in microarray assays and analysis is most applicable.
- Experience with other gene expression, genotyping, or cytogenetic analysis technologies, such as qPCR, or next-gen sequencing, is also desirable.
- Experience in an applied science area (i.e. food and animal health, clinical research, diagnostics, etc) a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven technical writing capabilities
- Presentation skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications
- Prior experience in customer service is desirable
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join