Job Title: Field Service Engineer –
Requisition Number 56772BR
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The primary responsibility of the Field Service Engineer will be to support and maintain Thermo Scientifics range of ICP-MS and ICP-OES instrumentation in the designated territory.
The successful candidate will also be expected to support these product lines across the UK as required. And depending on future business development, additional cross training on other Mass Spectrometry product Lines may be required
Furthermore, to deliver all Service activities (which might include: Installation including related customer introduction, Repairs, Maintenance Services, Validation Services, Depot Repair, Hot Lines etc..) for achieving:
- Satisfied customer becoming loyal customers
- Highest first time fix rates / lowest mean time to repair
- Lowest repeated call rates
Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit and Overhead Cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
Main Activities / Responsibilities:
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers’ expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments. Actively promote our contract products. (80%)
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Is responsible to manage the company’s assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.. (5%)
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others). (5%)
- Is responsible to report accurate an timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.) (5%)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation) (5%)
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects
- Minimum 1-5 year’s experience servicing analytical equipment or equivalent applications specialist experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- PC skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Recruiter: Alverina Corion; Alverina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join