With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Reports To: Commercial General Manager, Emerging Markets (solid line)
Group/Division: CMD EMEA
Location: Remote (Middle East)
Direct Reports: 0
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• To achieve growth for customized GC products in line with the organisations AOP and growth expectations within the defined markets via indirect distribution sales channels.
o Develop the distribution channel competence and assist on sales calls to educate customers and channel sales teams on the capabilities of the product portfolio.
o Collate market intelligence and feedback to product management via the QMI process which drives marketing activities including new application development. Report on competitive intelligence.
o Commercialisation Support – Assist the distribution sales channel with project/product specifications to ensure accuracy of offers and to drive these projects through to commercial success.
• To provide timely and accurate forecasts for the product line for all regions of responsibility and to maintain the business pipeline within SFDC.
o Utilise the available product-focused collateral to develop a sustainable pipeline of projects within the region.
o Assist in the design and development of new marketing programs and campaigns that drive future lead generation.
o Deliver customer-facing technical presentations at key conferences and tradeshows to drive customer awareness and acceptance of the products and capabilities.
• Marketing Development – Assist in the development of marketing tactics to promote products within the region.
o Co-ordinate with Product Managers and Marcom to ensure customer-facing materials are prepared and ready for seminars/shows/conferences. Where applicable generate data and support materials for product marketing initiatives.
o Participate in Voice of the Customer (VOC) in New Product Development and Introduction (NPDI)– Create plans for effectively gathering VOC. Communicate end-user experiences from system-level testing and how that translates into customer needs. Provide feedback to Product and Vertical Market Managers to drive product solutions that will increase market share. Assist in development of value propositions and validate with key customers. Create material, deliver training for NPIs, and execute NPI plan to satisfy strategic planning. Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific products to all parts of the organization. Provide feedback to the product lines on new features needed for success in specific markets.
• Key Account Application Support – Maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into reference customers to further support sales in the region or globally. Assist the key customers with application development and training as needed. This includes supporting on-site SEED systems or the testing of beta instruments prior to product launch.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• A minimum of an Associates degree in Chemistry, engineering, Electronics or equivalent is required, with 15+ years of experience Gas Chromatography with a focus on highly configured/engineered systems; BS in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry and 10+ years of GC experience; or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry and 5+ years of GC or GC/MS focused on the Oil & gas/Petro segments
• Demonstrate strong market knowledge and deep experience in gas chromatography applications in the Energy (Oil & Gas), Petrochemical, and specialty gas segments
• Demonstrate extensive experience with developing solutions for target customers
• Demonstrate extensive experience in assisting sales team with prospect cultivation
• Must be customer-focused with the ability to develop collaborations with key accounts and end users.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams across multiple sites
• Ability to attend trade shows and investigate product/market opportunities
• Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
• Ability to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment and leverage external and internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs
• Ability to use MS Office Suite to create notes and presentations
• Ability to travel up top 50%, including international destinations when required
• Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join