Job Title: Quality Engineer II
Requisition ID: 57250BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Closely interacts and builds effective relationships with people across site to promote quality, consistency and compliance. Provides quality support to manufacturing and NPI projects. Demonstrates courage and willingness to determine appropriate action and make risk-based, sound and timely decisions. Ensures and maintains compliance with internal and external (ISO 9001, ISO 13485 etc.) standards and regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities with areas through effective communication and ensures where quality issues arise that root cause is determined and the appropriate actions are agreed and implemented. Manages corrective and preventive action processes ensuring the timely and accurate resolution of problems identified.
- Takes responsibility for the measuring and monitoring of performance against agreed KPI's. Collates and shares information/data and trending as appropriate through reports and follows up on improvement opportunities. Actively participates and/or drives EU/Global QMS improvements as required. Actively contributes to the success of the overall QA team and the site. Identifies, advise and implements training/coaching to meet defined Quality Systems requirements.
- Performs/takes part in internal audits and external audits as required according to site and global plans. Uses auditing as a proactive tool for improvement as well as compliance and challenges existing practice where appropriate. Takes responsibility for ensuring timely completion and follow up through to closure.
- Participates in personal development to further enhance skills and knowledge relevant to the position. Supports and maintains Company's Safety, environmental and Waste Management program.
- 2+ year experience with Quality systems and processes, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with application of standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 to operations processes
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering (Chemical, Biomedical, Industrial, Mechanical or Quality) or demonstrated equivalent work experience in the Quality Engineering area pertaining to a scientific industry
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join