This Director, Compensation role will develop and support key compensation projects and initiatives for the Customer Channels Group (CCG) including the annual total compensation planning process, internal and external market analysis and salary and bonus target ranges. Working collaboratively with both the business and HR, this position will be required to understand specific business needs and have responsibility for the delivery of well-considered compensation solutions and processes. These global strategic initiatives for CCG represent key aspect of Thermo Fisher’s human resource management process and thus, have tremendous visibility to employees at all levels of the organization.
Additionally, the position will have the opportunity to make a difference to our employee engagement across the globe by analyzing and developing content across a wide array of employee compensation programs. You will run analysis of market data and internal HR data in order to provide recommendations on the structure of compensation for our global teams. You will also develop and support key compensation projects and initiatives including salary structure development, annual bonus targets and long-term equity ranges. By providing insight and leadership, you will help guide our global compensation team and internal clients to create frameworks and analytics to create strategies for attracting, retaining, and engaging our global workforce.
- Lead the design and administration of the company’s compensation programs, in line with the corporate global principles and structures, including base pay management, incentive and other variable comp plans under the direction of the Senior Director, Compensation.
- Evaluate competitive practices, assess the company’s position to market, and make recommendations to ensure that these plans are cost competitive and support the company’s mission, values, and achievement of business objectives.
- Partner with HR staff across the business to ensure employee understanding of salary administration, incentive, and equity programs and performance management through training programs and regular communications. Develop specific communications plans that supplement those provided from the corporate office.
- Manages implementation of the annual total compensation process for assigned organizations in close coordination with functional leaders, divisional human resource teams, and managers.
- Delivers strong analytical advice on internal compensation issues, market data, salary surveys and compensation practices in collaboration with compensation team members and HR Business Partners to make recommendations and influence business decisions.
- Participates in the design, development and delivery of corporate compensation programs and initiatives by providing consultation along with research and analytical support.
- Develops and deliver manager and employee training on various compensation projects and initiatives.
- Manages the enhancement and develop of systems and tools to support the annual total compensation planning process and execution.
- 10+ years of total work experience with 7-10 years of compensation experience
- Working in a fast-paced environment at growth/scaling stage business and partnering with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Management or other related discipline
- Working knowledge of Workday is a plus
- Project management skills
- Experience with financial modeling
- High levels of analytical skills required, together with goal accomplishment orientation. Must be results driven, detail oriented, highly energetic, team player who can function effectively and independently in a fast paced dynamic environment
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERIA:
- Attention to detail, flexibility, ability to prioritize and take initiative
- An analytical mindset and comfortable with interpreting data, recognizing and communicating trends, and developing materials to present key findings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills with MS Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Finance or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join