When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Product Support and Operations team at the San Jose, CA site. This role will work with senior leadership and managers to support day to day activities as well as special projects as assigned. He or she will be expected to produce consistent, quality work with a high attention to detail and sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Administrative support to Senior Director of Operations, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and expense reporting.
- Coordinate the scheduling of factory training courses, including reserving conference rooms and updating training schedule as needed. Assign and keep track of lab badges.
- Prepare course manuals and training course certificates in advance of course delivery. Keep archive of training records.
- Maintain updated list of recommended hotels and restaurants and goodwill contact with preferred hotel account representatives. Arrange hotel accommodations for international trainees when needed.
- Prepare Visa sponsorship letters for Foreign Nationals travelling into the US and travel visas for those travelling abroad
- Prepare periodic management reports to track key business/departmental metrics and post output on stand-up boards throughout the site.
- Coordinate logistics for on-site meetings including staff meetings and monthly town hall meetings.
- Process and print daily work orders for the Production line utilizing SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Manage lab coat distribution for site through partnership with external vendor.
- Additional office support as required, including ordering of office supplies, new hire onboarding, meeting minutes, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint). Familiarity with Visio desirable.
- Must demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Associates Degree or equivalent related work experience. High school diploma/equivalent required.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience supporting multiple leaders.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join