When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Chemistry assists in manufacturing products and completing associated documentation. This role also contributes to the transfer of new products into Manufacturing and participates in process improvement projects.
- Manufacture products and complete batch records following cGMPs
- Products include reagents, calibrators, buffers, controls, etc.
- Perform in-process assays using clinical analyzers. Review and analyze data
- Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals as required
- Perform product filtrations
- Review and approve completed batch records
- Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies
- May train other chemists on equipment and procedures
- May write, review, and modify SOPs, work instructions and reports
- Maintain, troubleshoot and validate equipment as appropriate
- Execute process validations as appropriate
- Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues
- Monitor stocks of common lab supplies
- Perform other job duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
- One year of manufacturing or industry related experience
- Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions
- Familiarity with Quality System Regulations
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in execution of duties
- Plan and organize oneself in a consistent manner
- Be a self-starter with the ability to positively motivate others in a cooperative fashion
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing to management and both internal/external customers
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory information
- Perform computer operations for data entry
- Experienced working with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. routinely
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
This position is not budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join