Position is responsible for support of shared service senior leaders and the functions they own within the CCG FP&A team.
- Daily support of Senior Leadership to provide cost/benefit analysis, variance analysis, and ad hoc reporting
- Partner with Europe and Canada teams to ensure smooth global consolidation of results and analysis of business functions
- Responsible for maintenance of CMR functions as they relate to the monthly reporting, forecast and AOP
- Monthly closing process and global MBR / QBR reporting for shared service functions
- Complete annual AOP for assigned functions
- Complete quarterly forecast for assigned functions
- Track and analyze Capex spend as needed
- Track and analyze Productivity for shared services as needed
- Track and analyze Investments for shared services as needed
- Track and analyze headcount for shared services as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Candidate will have experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific. 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and analyze and communicate variances to management.
- The ability to develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- History of participating on teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Support process improvement actions and teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Skills with CMR, Excel, Cognos, and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Oracle GL are a plus.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
- Excellent skills with MS Excel; experience with CMR.
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join