Job Title: Senior Manager, Enterprise CDS Business Development
Location: USA, Remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Enterprise Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) Business Development to join the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) team. In this division, we offer a complete range of high-end analytical instruments and software services that support Customers within the clinical diagnostic labs, pharmaceuticals, biotech and Industrial and environmental market segments. CMD has approximately $2.3B+ in revenue and 6400 employees across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
This business critical position is focused on managing the complete enterprise CDS sales process including:
- Development of business plans.
- Understanding market space and growth challenges.
- Building vision and business cases for partnering with Informatics business.
- Prospecting for new partners.
- Preparing proposals/joint business plans (solution differentiation, financial models…).
- Presenting Chromeleon technical demonstrations to all levels of prospect organization
- Presenting proposals to all levels of prospect organization
- Communicating business relationship options and business models within ICS Business Unit management.
- Leading contract negotiations.
- Closing large and complex contracts – including services, maintenance.
- Ensure that strategic account plans are generated and updated quarterly.
- Manage pipeline of sales activity.
- Work with other ICS Business Unit departments (inside sales, marketing, services, support) and leverage appropriate resources to maximum effect.
- The person in this position will manage the allocation and prioritization of AMER pre sales eCDS Business Consultant (BC) resources to assist sales in securing annual revenue objectives. This includes but is not restricted to assigning individuals (including self) for software demonstrations, assisting sales with RFP’s and software demonstrations, staffing trade shows and user group meetings, .
- Manage, coach, evaluate and continuously enhance the AMER CDS team to ensure successful demonstrations and presentations as they apply to customer/prospect needs.
- Network with AMER Sales and Product Management teams to communicate market and competitive trends.
- Maintain AMER demonstration metrics on a quarterly basis to include number of demonstrations per BC, configuration time per demo and percent breakdown of products being demonstrated. (2018)
- A B.S. degree in a technical, business or related discipline, or equivalent in training and experience. MBA is a plus.
- Proven industry-related sales experience, selling enterprise CDS software.
- Partner experience, either as a reseller, or having managed the development of partner revenue.
- Proven success operating in a matrix organization and getting results through professional influence.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and analytical skills including presentation skills with executive-facing composure, and the ability to hold the interest of a technical or non-technical audience.
- 50-75% travel expected.
- Global travel expected.
- Candidate must have a passion and commitment for growing revenue with the ability to encourage and foster that passion in others both inside and outside the organization.
- Proven track record of successfully growing revenue through partners.
- Must be action and results-oriented with an assertive and accountability attitude.
- Excellent organizational and process management skills.
- Demonstrate the Thermo Fisher “Four I’s
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join