When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Strategic Program Leader will be responsible for leading program management for high impact web & customer experience transformation initiatives.
- Engage directly with external consultants to support program scoping
- Work with stakeholders to drive voice of customer and market research initiatives
- Facilitate delivery of a multi-phase project plan, associated business cases/financial models, and detailed user requirement specifications
- Manage a cross-functional core team to ensure alignment between stakeholders including business leaders, IT, eBusiness, Product Management, and R&D
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Capable of navigating complex situations and matrixed reporting lines
- Partner across business units and divisions to ensure near term vision anticipates future scale
- May lead through a team of work stream project managers as necessary
- Providing advisory support for cross-functional/regional projects which are strategic in nature to the ongoing evolution of the BID business.
- Working with project leaders in development of project plans, including strategic and tactical considerations, timelines, key milestones, as well as appropriate business cases (revenue and/or cost synergies, cost-to-achieve/budget).
- Leading project status / cross-functional alignment reviews and monitoring interdependencies through appropriate recurring and one-time mechanisms.
- Developing and leading the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications.
- Maintaining project plans, including managing electronic data rooms.
- Preparing presentations for steering committees and executive staff.
- Functioning as a liaison between the Leadership Team and various project teams to ensure the business needs have been met and are delivered on schedule.
- Influencing stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
- Must be quantitative and detail-oriented.
- Solid organization, analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills a must.
- Must be able to interface with varied audiences including senior leadership, and to work across multiple functional areas (product management, R&D, finance, commercial, operations, etc.).
- Able to learn quickly and take initiative with virtual teams.
- Uncompromising integrity.
- Ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast-paced organization.
- Life Sciences, Pharma, or Biotech background is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a very matrixed environment required.
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects required.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Role is based in Carlsbad, CA, but global in scope, and can involve travel; frequency depends on nature of strategic projects.
- MBA preferred, BA or BS required.
- Minimum eight years’ experience with at least four years in a lead role for successful completion of complex project/program development and delivery.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join