Job Title: Cell Culture Sales Specialist - Mid Atlantic US
Location: can be based anywhere in MD/Northern VA/DC to cover Mid Atlantic and Southeast US
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Cell Biology Business in the Biosciences Division is searching for a talented and dedicated Cell Culture Sales Specialist that can share our passion for our business, products and customers and can support our team with achieving the targets in Cell Culture Plastics and Cell Culture Media. On this team we drive consistent high performance, continuous improvements in delivering high-level sales support, timely responses, improving processes in support of increased sales activity and productivity.
The successful candidate will be involved in the negotiating and closing of new sales and expediting sales contracts. They will spend the majority of their time engaging with customers and channel partners on new selling activities and pursuing new business. The incumbent will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits, and applications accompanied with selling skills to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote and consummate the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. Sales productivity improvement and superior customer experience are the driving factors in achieving the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific Biosciences cell culture and plastics products.
- Coordinate the entire sales process for assigned accounts. Demonstrate use of selling skills, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, building relationships, asking open-ended and high gain questions to determine needs, provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal. It is also expected that the corporate selling approach (PSS) will be practiced to improve overall strategic selling effectiveness and that customer details would be maintained in the Company customer relationship management software (Siebel CRM).
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, upselling and cross selling and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing and promotional campaigns, and product shows in support of our channel partners.
- Manage the commercial activities associated with rebates and special pricing to our channel partners as required to win business in strategically competitive situations. Interact with appropriate internal pricing teams and automated processes to execute pricing contracts.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan for managing assigned territory, updated quarterly, in accordance with expense guidelines.
- Work with other sales teams and channel partners to achieve full account management and team selling and sharing.
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for product information, sales presentations, and information through telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via daily interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles
- Achieve daily sales calls objectives to provide product and relevant information for all aspects of gaining and servicing Thermo Fisher Scientific business at all accounts to generate sales.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Life Sciences. Masters Degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of work experience required. Preferred lab, selling and/or customer contact experience. Previous sales experience in similar industry and role is strongly preferred.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs.
- Excellent organization skills as well as demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives.
- Be able to travel 50%+ for to support territory and customer needs.
- Must be available to work various times during the workweek to accommodate best calling times in territory.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join