Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for assess and manage existing current Channel Partners, plus identify, develop and manage new Channel Partners / distributors to maximize our market coverage in our target markets.
- Responsible for the sales of Thermo Scientific EPM products into a vast array of industries for Mexico and Central America.
- In charge of develop and close relationships with our key target end customers.
- This person will interact with areas such as: Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Services, Project Management, Engineering teams and Research & Development Team in Franklyn / USA.
- Provides technical and commercial support to indirect distributors in Mexico and Central America.
- Achieves sales targets for the region and channel partners on line with key selling objectives in Latin America.
- Support the implementation of the regional commercial and marketing plan, including tactics to accomplish growth targets.
- Works closely with LATAM Management and BU Management teams to execute tactics to achieve business objectives.
- Provides input to conceive, define and implement promotional tools and sales tactics to drive growth, including pricing strategies, marketing campaigns and distributor agreements in Mexico and Central America.
- Provides feedback, information, market intelligence and recommendations to improve market penetration and orders growth for the BU.
- Manages weekly forecasting routines in Mexico including all regional sales support teams and all Distributors / Channel Partners.
- Populate and update SalesForce CRM with projects, forecast and strategic data of customers from the target region.
- Ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific customers are receiving the best post-sales support by closely following up Distributor's service level and customer satisfaction.
- Works in partnership with marketing and product management to ensure the VOC (voice-of-the-customer) is captured effectively on the front-end of all new product programs. Additionally, provide input on both marketing and technical resources needed to ensure the highest quality training for our sales representatives / Distributors.
Activities in cooperation with other various functional groups:
- Attend tradeshows in your territory and provide a report at the conclusion of the show.
- Teamwork with other BUs for specific activities in its sales territory
- Provide competitive market information
- Obtain general market intelligence and feed this to sales management and the marketing team.
- Strategic Planning
- Provide input to the development of the annual mineral market strategic plans in relation to market information, industry trends, market analytics and the like
New Product Development
- Provide input into phase gate proposals for new product development.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Key Competencies):
- Preferably a person with Engineering background: Environmental, Chemical, Automation Engineer or similar.
- Having a MBA or Master degree will be a key difference.
- Fluent in English and Spanish – Portuguese will be a differentiator.
Experience and Key Competences:
- +10 years of experience in technical sales in analytical instrumentation / equipment
- Knowledge in Air Quality analyzers and Process automation technologies would be an important differentiation.
- Experience in industrial (O&G, mining / cement), air quality, pharmaceutical and Power Generation.
- Experience in managing distributors in Mexico and/or Central America. Experienced in business development using Partners or Channels / Distributors to provide complete solutions to customers – it will be necessary to give concrete examples including names and contacts at described Partners or Channels / Distributors.
- Capable of provide fluent technical seminars in Spanish / English.
- Strong communications, team-building, and leadership skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and competitors.
- It’s a must to have strong organizational, time management skills, demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment.
- Demonstrated sales leadership based on intellectual and personal integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop business, close deals and convert them on purchase orders.
- We are looking for a person that would like to join a new challenge in developing a complete new approach / way of working with our Distributors / Channels in the Mexico & Central America. This is a big challenge which demands someone with a specific personality:
- Entrepreneur and creative to find new ways of selling / support customers and final users.
- Persistent and resilient – due to long sales cycles in this segment.
- Someone who enjoy having big challenges.
- High energetic person, passionate about sales and developing new business.
- Self-motivated and strong self-belief.
- We also need someone with:
- Highly effective oral and written presentations and communication.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with proven ability to successfully interact with potential customers.
- Ability to manage and organize national and international travels.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to achieve deadlines (eg tender submissions).
- Willingness to travel frequently within Mexico & Central America countries upwards of 60% of the time.
- USA Visa.
- Car driver’s license
- Proficient user/experience with a CRM.
- Proficient user of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Desired location with in Mexico with preference in CDMX region.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join