When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, and administrative skills to provide full scope of executive administrative assistance to the Vice President/General Manager, Senior Directors, and other functional areas as required, in the Applied Technologies business unit. The successful candidate will act as a business partner & representative of the leaders; make decisions by providing strong administrative support to the business unit’s initiatives, handle multiple projects simultaneously, quickly learn about corporate culture, processes & procedures involved in the administration of plans and anticipating the executive’s needs.
- Calendar/Event Management: Maintains various calendars & ensures that meetings and events begin on time with prep material delivered in advance. Coordinate and calibrate calendars and agendas. Attends, leads and facilitates meetings. Listens in on phone calls and takes meeting notes in order to organize and follow up on action items
- Information Flow: Enable productivity by filtering distractions from leaders to reduce reactive responses and instead support leaders so that they can proactively set the organization’s agenda. Boost leader productivity by triaging calendar invites and monitoring email when necessary
- Travel & Scheduling: Organizes high-level meetings and complex domestic and international travel arrangements. Optimize travel schedules and enable remote decision making, keep projects and initiatives on track. Ensure travel preferences and requirements are met
- Expense Management: Deals with basic financial management. Prepares and reconciles travel and entertainment expense reports. Reviews invoices and manages supply orders
- Technology Savvy: Works on functional projects and special reports. Develops and modifies new and existing PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and SharePoint sites. Maintains organizational charts and files in accordance with document retention procedures – i.e. non-disclosures and contracts
- Partners with corporate administrative professionals in order to manage competing needs. Builds relationships with other assistants in order to share best practices and optimize workflows.
- Completes all other position related duties, including activities related to planning, organizing, and anticipating, as assigned or requested
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus; BS/BA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant/senior administrator, supporting executive(s) in a large multi-national company
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Office365, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general MS Windows operations
- Capable of setting priorities, managing their time, and independently managing multiple concurrent tasks, detail oriented and able to meet rigid deadlines
- Must present a high degree of professionalism and proactivity in both written and verbal communication, as this role is an extension of the functions and the executives
- Anticipates and predicts needs. Able to understand the business objectives and the unspoken needs and characteristics of the people with whom they work
- Ability to read complex situations, and can recognize and respond to challenging people and circumstances
- Resourceful and capable of conducting research, strong troubleshooter and problem solver
- Proactively looks for ways to improve their skills by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of best practices
- Experienced in supporting multiple leaders in a global organization with multiple locations and time zones
- Positive, “can-do” attitude with customer/client focused approach; ambassador acting on behalf of leader
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Able to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join