The Financial Analyst provides analytical, reporting, and strategy support to the Portfolio Management Team. They will gain exposure to upper management and gain experience with supplier negotiations and strategy development. They are expected to become an integral member of the portfolio management team and assist in making strategic business decisions and drive additional profitability for the company. This position provides a unique opportunity for a motivated self starter to demonstrate their ability to add significant value to the Customer Channel Group.
- Track, report, and analyze key financial metrics for portfolio management, including, supplier volume rebates, product sourcing savings, supplier marketing funding, selling, general, and administrative expenses, preferred supplier programs, private label performance, and other profit initiatives.
- Provide analytical support in order to drive business decisions with the following tools: proforma analysis, volume, rate, and margin analysis, product category reports, product conversion analysis, backorder reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Complete annual and quarterly forecasts for financial metrics with minimal guidance from management, and present forecast to senior management.
- Complete variance analysis during each month-end close.
- Communicate risks and opportunities to expected results and develop contingency plans to deliver on the financial commitments.
- Support strategic supplier meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven history of forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to make logical assumptions, incorporate external and internal information, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Intuition to identify and implement process improvements is strongly desired.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. Ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commitment to continued learning, shows career progression and development, and seeks opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouses, COGNOS, and/or SQL preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other relevant background.
- 2+ years of prior work experience
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join