When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, GUI/Application Development
- Design and develop supporting GUI desktop applications & web applications for embedded devices.
- Develop software modules based on object oriented programming (OOP) techniques.
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience with Qt/QML.
- Experience with Linux platform.
- C++ and design pattern experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- REST, XML and JSON
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join