Technical Support Specialist
To be based out of the Basingstoke office
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Specialty Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination in industrial applications. We serve public health, clinical laboratories, food companies, environmental screening and pharmaceutical laboratories with a portfolio of products that include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing solutions and market-leading molecular solutions for food safety testing
- Provide technical advice to customers, selling sites, channel partners, account managers and other technical support teams globally.
- Manage technical customer complaints using the Quality Notification (QN) module in SAP.
- Prepare customer facing reports detailing the outcome of technical complaint investigations within agreed timescales.
- Carry out customer visits to resolve product and technical issues as required.
- Provide technical and service support for our instrumentation ranges in collaboration with the instrument services team, field application specialists and service providers.
- Manage complaints on third party supplied products by working with vendors.
- Provide support to other members of the European Technical Services team through specialist knowledge of locally manufactured products, processes and functions.
- Log all technical enquiries using the Sales Activity module in SAP.
- Use exceptional customer facing skills to provide a positive customer experience in all MBD Technical Support transactions.
- Support vigilance procedure; ensure that complaint processes are followed correctly, collect specific vigilance information and take part in pre-CAT/CAT meetings as required.
- Provide technical advice to customers following Field Safety Notifications.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills needed in the role both using internally supplied training and via external meetings and conferences.
- Act as customer advocate to other functions within the Microbiology division.
- Participate in continuous improvement of our technical support offering, in-line with customer needs.
- Graduate or equivalent in Microbiology, Biomedical or Biological Science.
- Relevant laboratory experience.
- English: fluent, professional standard for provision of telephone support to UK customers.
- Strong customer service focus.
- The ability to solve problems and offer effective solutions.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the Microbiology Division product range.
- A second European language, especially a Nordic language, would be valuable.
- Experienced in the use of SAP.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th November
Any queries, please contact Adele Holland, email@example.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join