Inside Sales Representative
Job ID :
Spain - Madrid
- Coordinate the entire sales process for assigned accounts. Demonstrate use of telephone selling skills, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, building relationships, asking open-ended and high gain questions to determine needs, provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal. It is also expected that the Corporate “Team Selling “approach will be practiced to improve overall strategic selling effectiveness.
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through the Company’s customer relation’s management software (Siebel CRM).
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers. Coordinate on-going customer relationships with a particular focus on up selling and cross selling. Attain or exceed assigned sales, profit, and market share goals.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan for managing assigned territory, updated quarterly.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made
- Utilizes data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes emerging customers.
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team and the region.
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for Product information, sales presentations and information.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via daily interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing prime calling periods.
- Meet ALL sales call objectives
- Develop organizational skills necessary to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Coordinate contracts/ quotations within the Company’s guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin/ revenues with guidance from Management and/ or marketing.
- Required to learn and practice Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
- Achieve daily customer phone contact to provide product and relevant information for all aspects of gaining and servicing the business.
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation.
- Learn existing and potential customer status regarding Company and competitors’ products.
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Communicate to all organization levels and functional areas as well as internal and external customers.
- Develop analytical and business planning skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customer audiences and influencers.
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Degree level education preferably Life Science related.
- Previous experience of having worked in a lab preferred.
- Previous telephone based sales experience essential.
- General knowledge of product portfolio
- Good Computer literacy
- Customer facing experience preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join