The Product Specialist is responsible for lead generation and sales closure within the Clinical Diagnostics Business Area. The product specialist will work alongside the technical support specialist and product manager to provide technical, application and sales support, so that the business can grow profitably and is aligned to the commercial strategy.
A predominantly field-based role, the Product Specialist is the primary customer contact for the clinical diagnostics business, providing competitor and market knowledge, execution of commercial strategies and diligent management of a sales pipeline and process to meet or exceed operating plans. Main customer industries include diagnostic, pathology, veterinary, academia and research.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales and margin targets for the NSW/ACT territory.
- Provide an accurate sales forecast on a monthly basis for the Clinical Diagnostics business area.
- Design and execute effective business territory plans.
- Use data analysis tools to optimise sales and margin metrics for key customer accounts.
- Ensure feedback including win/loss reasons, competitor intelligence and market knowledge is provided to the product management and broader sales teams.
- Understand the broader business areas and generate leads, driving a whole of business approach.
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and application needs on a technical level, to ensure the most suitable solution is proposed.
- Understand the regulatory environment these products and customers work within.
- Assist Product Management team to ensure inventory and product forecasting targets are met and customer/marketing expectations are achieved.
- Conduct product demonstrations, seminars and participate in customer engagement activities as required to support the growth strategy.
- Work with Technical and Service teams to resolve customer technical issues to high customer satisfaction.
- Attend training events as required to ensure skills are maintained up-to-date and relevant for maximum benefit to the customer.
- Attend relevant industry scientific meetings and conferences.
- Maintain an accurate opportunity funnel for all assigned product, including closure dates and completed sales process (stakeholders engaged, next steps, competition etc).
- Maintain a forecast for the assigned product lines to an accuracy of +/- 10% on a monthly basis.
- Diligently maintain a record of customer visits and interactions using the CRM platform salesforce.com completed by the end of each week.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related discipline is essential.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Pathology/ Diagnostic Laboratory or Commercial experience in a clinical or research setting.
- Previous experience in Clinical Biochemistry setting is highly regarded.
- Previous experience in capital sales/ reagents in Clinical Biochemistry is highly regarded.
- Technical understanding of markets, particularly within hospitals, pathology and diagnostics laboratories.
- Strong understanding of the Sales process with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Highly motivated and resourceful individual who is driven by results.
- Ability to work autonomously and to position creative solutions.
- A solution-focused individual able to prioritise time and effort to deliver beyond customer expectations.
- An ability to think strategically and the ability to transform strategy into executed tasks.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills with a fastidious attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritize based on key result areas, to manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- An initiative taker who has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude.