When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Conducts analytical and functional testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods received from multiple Manufacturing areas and suppliers. Provides either technical and/or functional guidance to team members, combining personal production responsibilities with daily team leadership responsibilities. Organizes the daily workload of the team according to Safety and Quality standards, working with functional leadership to execute against daily metrics and goals. Performs troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis. Documents test results and completes testing records. Performs revisions and updates to SOPs and work instructions as necessary. Analyzes trends and discrepancies. Participates in interdepartmental meetings, interacts with next-level leadership, and performs other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned by Manager. Acts independently to determine methods, procedures, and best practices on new assignments. Participates in PPI, Lean, 5S programs, and other continual improvement activities. Cross-training may be required within other departments within the organization. Supervisory activities may be required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology (or other scientific discipline), with a minimum of 0-4 years of Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience.
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability and/or additional experience may be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrated strength in people leadership skills, leading people and projects either formally or informally.
- Critical skills include knowledge of analytical chemistry and techniques, including optical spectroscopy (absorbance, fluorescence), basic chromatography including HPLC, mass spectrometry, and NMR spectroscopy.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques and flow cytometry is highly desired.
- Preparation and handling of solutions is required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy.
- Must work well in a team environment, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform data analysis and to summarize results.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join