When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The position represents an opportunity to join the Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell Biology R&D team responsible for identifying and developing novel technologies for incorporation into new products, generating application data and supporting marketing initiatives. The individual will execute scientific research individually and as part of cross-functional development teams to reach these goals.
The individual will work as part of the Cell Biology R&D team to lead projects within the Thermo Fisher product commercialization process under the Gibco™ brand.
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in molecular biology in support of protein expression in mammalian/insect/yeast/bacterial cells. Experience designing DNA sequences for PCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, and cloning, and with associated computational tools (Vector NTI, Sequencher, etc). Perform PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, molecular cloning, vector construction and experience with statistical analysis software (i.e. Mini-tab, JMP). Perform DNA and RNA isolation from cells and prepare DNA mini-preps/Maxi-preps. Analysis of proteins including Western Blots and ELISA a plus. The candidate will require strong organizational skills to support full documentation of new product development for complex projects. Ability to multitask and maintain a results-oriented focus is essential.
The candidate will be required to maintain accurate lab notebooks and training files in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards to support patent application and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
Typical requirements will include preparing and presenting experimental data summaries and protocol writing. Perform literature searches related to products under development and new idea generation. Work with customers to troubleshoot problems and understand unmet needs. The successful candidate will make contributions to scientific literature and conferences and comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- B.S/M.S. degree with demonstrated background in molecular biology for protein expression
- 3-5+ years of industry or academic experience in vaccine production
- Experience designing DNA sequences for PCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, and cloning, and with associated computational tools (Vector NTI, Sequencer, etc)
- Perform PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, molecular cloning, vector construction and experience with statistical analysis software (i.e. Mini-tab, JMP)
- Perform DNA and RNA isolation from cells and prepare DNA mini-preps/Maxi-preps
- Protein analysis including Western Blots and ELISA
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Cell line engineering/editing and CRISPR/Cas9 skills a plus
- Transient expression of recombinant proteins a plus
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join