When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Validate and support the commercialization of new reagents for Flow Cytometry.
- Use knowledge of immune cell phenotypes to independently design experiments.
- Conduct basic-to-intermediate troubleshooting.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, working with both primary cells and cell lines, including the preparation of human and mouse primary immune cells.
- Manage multiple experiments concurrently to meet product release timelines.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager and extended R&D teams.
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the R&D team to support product development.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2-3 years of product development industry experience, or Master's degree in the same area with a minimum of 1-2 years of product development industry experience.
- Must have hands-on experience performing multi-color flow cytometry experiments, including sample preparation of primary immune cells for immunophenotyping, data collection on digital instrumentation, and analysis of results.
- Experience preparing and culturing human and mouse primary immune cells and familiarity with the basic phenotypes of primary immune cell subsets.
- Must be able to independently design and execute experiments and conduct basic to intermediate troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and FlowJo software.
- Capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and have strong time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a multi-disciplinary team to support a positive work environment.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join