ServiceNow Development Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The ServiceNow Development Intern will be hired to develop a Security Desk check in application. The application will allow guests entering a Thermo Fisher facility to enter their information (Name, Company, Who They’re Visiting, etc), take their picture, print their id, and provision their access to guest wireless.
- Designs and implements applications in the ServiceNow platform
- Design, Development, and Implementation of ServiceNow including, but not limited to: core setup, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, and custom scripting
- Performs advanced configurations including Business Rules, UI Pages, UI Macros, UI Scripts, Script Includes, ACLs, Client Scripts, workflows, custom tables, reports, etc.
- Reviews proposed designs with platform owner, architect, and development lead to ensure adherence to technical design guidelines
- Attends daily scrum calls and provides updates, escalates road-blocks and issues, and asks questions
- Performs peer review of code prior to functional testing
- Works closely with ServiceNow functional team to configure and improve core and custom applications
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web-based application development or programming
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, alternatively equivalent work experience acceptable
- Ability to translate details into specific tasks needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Ability to problem solve and work well in complex, ambiguous situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.