We are seeking a Director of Product Management for the Fine Chemical Products Business Unit who will lead the product management life cycle and creation of a multi-generational product plan (MGPPs). This exciting role will play an influential part of the Product Management team that develops and delivers customer centric growth strategies and experiences that will both delight our customers and will increase the impact of our marketing initiatives for Fine Chemical Products Business Unit.
The Director of Product Management will report directly to the Fine Chemical Products VP/GM to define a vision for market growth, design the business unit strategies to actively pursue new market opportunities. Collaborates with functional leaders across the organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers and exceed the Business Unit’s revenue and EBITA growth objectives.
- Portfolio Strategy: Develop a 1-5 year Multigenerational Product Plans (MGPPs) for the Fine Chemicals product portfolio to appeal to the customer segments and develop a strategy for new products and services, as well as portfolio management, pricing initiatives and SKU rationalization to achieve AOP targets for the Fine Chemicals portfolio
- Market & Competitor Intelligence: Conduct intelligence reports, financial analysis, competitive research, customer insight programs, and monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of the current and future trends related to lab chemicals and life science reagents. Gathers, analyzes and interprets market data, including competitive information and funding shifts to determine market attractiveness. Understands various market dynamics, including customer segments and needs, competitors and technology shifts and how to leverage information to drive optimal business growth.
- Product Management: Set direction and prioritize product management initiatives. Remove roadblocks and foster cross-functional communication to enable the product management team to effectively work with global operations, sourcing, quality and finance to drive growth and profitability targets. Champion adoption of Product Commercialization Process (PCP) to drive timely and impactful product launches.
- Product Life-Cycle Knowledge: Utilizes market and performance data to optimize profit and drive growth for the in-market product portfolio, including extending application usage, pricing and discounting strategies, manufacturing process improvements and obsolescence strategies. Takes into account the business model, product life cycle, market and sales conditions, and supply and demand opportunities and constraints in order to extract maximum value and meet the performance goals and objectives.
- Campaign Management: In collaboration with the Sr. Manager, Market Development and the Commercial Sr. Operations Director build and effectively drive campaigns across the business.
- Project Management: Oversee development and management of a rolling 18-24 month project roadmap in line with Product Management, Sales Channels, Commercial and Finance
- Thought Leadership: collaborate with the product and market development teams to build awareness and develop white papers, conference talks, posters, blogs, forum interaction and community education pieces
- Global Alignment: Engage and align APAC Product Managers, Regional Marketing Specialists, Country Sales Managers and IDIR’s to improve operational excellence
- Direct Management: Manage the performance and development of the team by reviews and training programs
- Matrix Management: Establish communicate and train on ways of working with all global functions that support the functional teams
- Other Duties: Projects maybe assigned at the discretion of the VPGM
- Ethics: Effectively performs duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Process Improvement: Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business
- At least 10 years in a marketing role that includes demonstrated experience, successfully implementing marketing plans across channels in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Mastery of knowledge and leadership in the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, customer segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- High personal accountability, results orientation and the ability to influence without authority are required.
- Experience in highly regulated industry with GMP requirements and dependence on both direct and distributor/agent channels (advantage but not essential)
- This position requires a very team-oriented approach and interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel. Experience with matrixed marketing organization is a plus
- Effectiveness in this role requires excellent listening skills, the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus and facilitate decision making processes within a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business desired. Background in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline is a plus. M.B.A. preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be fluent in English. Additional languages are desirable
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally. Approx. 30-40%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join